Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Not So Secret Garden


Just wanted to share a few wonders from our yard! I received a humming bird feeder for my birthday it's up and ready to go but I haven't seen one yet. I also got a regular bird feeder but it needs to be relocated down to the big oak. (It was doing good attracting birds to the deck which was bad for two reasons. A. bird poo on my deck and B. Manny is sure they are there for his hunting pleasure!) I included a few pictures of flowers... first my cone flowers which were supposed to be hot pink but are white instead, not what I expected but still they are pretty. The large Sedum (sp?) is starting to bloom (Ben should be excited because butterflies will be everywhere and he loves butterflies). The Rose of Sharon is blooming great and getting taller. The dahlias are new this year and have blooms 6-8 inches in diameter. Also new is a watermelon plant they are the size of basketballs and we are playing the waiting game to pick them.











































1 comment:

Unknown said...

great pictures, i want to see one from the deck looking at the whole back yard!!